Sunday, June 20, 2010

My Dad!

My Dad (so I stole this idea from Bethany, but she said it was ok to use) is awesome! He is such a blessing. In the past five years, he has grown so much. I was just thinking the other day that I loved the beach so much. When my brother and I were kids our dad would take us there in the summer. We would spend the whole day body surfing, playing volleyball, boggy boarding and building sandcastles. We would have so much fun that we would forget to put sunscreen on. My brother and I would come home and look like red crabs. I would not care, because I had so much fun with my dad!
When I think of my Dad, I think of someone who is a hard worker. Everything he does he just does it to his best whether it was helping me with a history project or his business. One time I came home and cried because I had to make the “Light House of Alexandria.” I had no idea how to make it! So my dad asked me what I was crying about and I told him. We went out to his workshop and made a light house. It was so much fun! I took it in to class, and was so proud of what we had done together. My brother’s and I’s education was very important to him. He always wanted us to go to college, and I went away only because he and my mom supported me so much in it.
My Dad is also very daring. Once we were in Cades Cove, and we went to see a cabin. On the way back to the car, he told us to be quiet and walk quietly. He said, “I think there is a bear over there.” So he asked my mom and grandma to get my brother and me back to the car. The next thing we know he is running with a camera is his hand back to the car for his life. He told us he just wanted to take some up close shots of the bear. 
There were times were he protected me, and I was like “Oooooooooooooh Dad!” In all that, I did learn that he loved me! I really am blessed to have him in my life! He really has grown so much in the Lord in `the past five years! He is such a good example of a dad. There are many things that he does that resemble my heavenly Father. He protects me when I need to be protected, helps me when I don’t know what to do, he just wants the best for his kids and just likes having a good time!
Happy Father’s Day Daddy-O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love you lots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#1 Daughter

2 comments:

  1. Jennifer, this is your dad's step-brother, Jimmy. I think this is a wonderful post. I wish I could have gotten to knwo your dad growing up. However, since your grandpa's funeral I have grown tp really respect and like your dad. I am glad you have many great memories with him. This is a great tribute.

    ReplyDelete