Monday, June 7, 2010

Learning

This weekend we went to Sevity Nichola. So I got to the bus station looking around for people and I run into a guy literally. I could not see him coming into a door I was going out of and I screamed. It was kind of funny. So I laughed and walked away.
So basically I had no idea (other than we were having a soccer tournament for the people there, and that they want to start a church there) what was going on most of the day, but I was really trying to see what God was doing. But it was really cool, because I saw this lady that I noticed (well she was the only one there it was mostly guys). But still god highlighted her to me. I asked Milka to talk to her with me. So we talked to her for a while, and she said she was a part of a church there but it was too small and they for some reason are not there anymore. She really wants to go to church. She said when she was younger she would lie to her parents about where she was going, and would go to church. I think her parents were Orthodox.
Her husband was playing in the tournament. Some of our friends who were with us knew him from when they were younger. When I talked to her, she said I could just tell that you love Jesus it is written all over you. It was really cool, because I was like sitting most of the time “like what in the world am I doing here.” Then I shared with her what I thought God was telling her. Then she wanted to go to coffee.
I went with her and her husband, and their daughter. I was sitting there thinking gosh God I don’t know really how to communicate with them; I don’t really know what to do… But I was sitting there with them and this guy who I promise looked like Jesus came in the place to get ice cream and left. I just felt like God was there. Like it wasn’t that I was doing anything or saying something. But having coffee with these people and Jesus was so in it. Well she got connected with Milka and hopefully they will keep in touch. Trusting God and hearing what He is saying and doing it is awesome.You never know what the results are going to be until we step out and try.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love the picture in my head of Jesus buying ice cream...I bet it was chocolate. How precious Jesus is to confirm his presence and constantly assures us of His love, even if He sends someone looking like himself to buy ice cream. Having coffee with strangers and telling them about our Lord and Saviour is indeed In His perfect will. Let your light shine...and you do.

    ReplyDelete