Wednesday, June 2, 2010

1 Cor 12

1 Cor 12:22-26
On the contrary, it is much truer that the members of the body which seem to be weaker are necessary; and those members of the body which we deem less honorable, on these we bestow more abundant honor, and our less presentable members become much more presentable, whereas our more presentable members have no need of it. But God has so composed the body, giving more abundant honor to that member which lacked, so that there may be no division in the body, but that the members may have the same care for one another. And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it. Now you are Christ's body, and individually members of it.

It is so cool I was reading this verse this morning and God convicted me about something and just showed me His heart about myself in other part of it. Like I felt like I was suppose to read it, and I did. And I felt like on one hand I have totally judged people who need a little more help then others in the body. And, God was just like "uh Jenn those people are needed to bring about my will." Like when you feel like you have talked to someone about the same thing a bunch of times, and you are like don't you get it, but in reality I need that person in my life, and most imporantly in the body of Christ.
On one hand I feel like sometimes I am that person and everyone else is like come on, but in reality God is like "You are necessarry." Like I feel like I'm not really doing anything sometimes, but God is like "What you are doing is necessary!" Even if it is just telling a friend an encouraging word, or just being willing to be there for a friend when they are going through something rough, and just standing in the gab and praying for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment