Sunday, November 7, 2010

Taking a Different Road

So yesterday I was walking to our house after running to the store. Usually I always walk the same road, but this time for some reason I went up a road early. So I’m walking minding my own business. The next thing I know this older lady (someone's "Yaya") about I would 70 maybe 75 is saying “Ella Ella.” She looked stuck. It took me a second to realize she was asking me to come to her. So I went to her and she was stuck between her gate and stepping on to a step. She was asking me to help her. I had no I idea. Then I realized oh she needs help. So I pull her, and she shuts her gate. Then she gets out to the road. Then she wanted me to straighten out her jacket. So I did that. Then she started to talk to me, I felt kind of bad because I had no idea what she is saying. So I just start saying “I only know a little bit of Greek.” So she was just like thank you very much! So I told her “you are welcome.” Two things! You never know what is going to happen when you try something new. Also, I need to work on learning Greek.

No comments:

Post a Comment