Sunday, November 28, 2010

Seeing Friends

Last week I went to Serbia to visit Danielle. It was really a good trip. I first rode up with Zoran and Rebeckah to Skopje. It was really cool to talk to them! They are just so encouraging! It was cool to because at the boarder a lady asked for a ride to her home, and Zoran spoke to her about the Lord. It was really cool. It also helps you realize to keep your eyes open; you never know what is going to happen. What God is doing! After we dropped the lady off at her home, we went and met the new missionaries to Strumica. They are going to be helping Vena there. They are so sweet! It was funny, because they had a package of twirlers on their table when we went in. I saw them, and was like can I please have some? By the time we left I had like five of them. They are going to great. The guy was so excited to be there. It was cool he read a verse in Habakkuk 1:5 Look among the nations! Observe! Be astonished! Wonder! Because I am doing something in your days you would not believe if you were told. When I heard it my spirit just got so excited. I had that word spoken over me a long time ago by a dear old friend. When he read, I just felt like now is the time and for here! I had actually forgotten about that word too.
After that we took a few other people back to Skopje with us. It was a good car ride. Zoran dropped me off at Bethany’s house. It was cool I got to see Anna and Phil before they left that night to go back to England. The next day Bethany and I “had coffee” aka talked for like two hours. It was so much fun. I was having a hard time thinking I wasn’t hearing from God, and when we were talking all this stuff that God had been talking to be about came out. It was cool. I spent the next day with a good friend. I then hung out with Kiko, Marina, Marajan, and Igor at Kiko’s house having good conversations.
The next day I left with Emilja and Kiko to Serbia on the bus. The bus ride was so funny. We were the loudest people in the bus the bus driver told Kiko. We were just all having a good time chatting, and having fun.
That night Mihalea got us to the bus to get us to Danielle. When we got off the bus station, John and Danielle were there. It was cool to see them! Emilja stayed with me and Danielle. She really likes Belgrade. I can totally see her there, living there. She loves it ohhhhh sooooooo much!
The next day we just spent time with Danielle. We prayed with Emilija she just loves praying! Emilija then went to her cousins. That night we met up with Mia, and had some fun drinking coffee and talking! It was soooo cool something she said. She said (something like this) “When church culture is different than the culture around it, then you are making a difference, and people will be attracted to it.” I thought that is so profound. People want different! It was just fun spending time with her and Danielle.
The next day Danielle and I went to John’s, and he made us an excellent breakfast. He did such a good job! Both of them are doing awesome there! Then we just spent time hanging out with people. It was fun! We had some awesome hot chocolate! Then Sunday we went to church. It was soooo good to see everyone. Worship was off the chain (I guess it is ok to still say that). Then we went on our way home.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you, and p.s. I Love this page, its such a great way for us to keep up with what you've been up to. We just said good bye to Ben, so now we are sending two more 'crazies' out your way. Enjoy!! Soon you'll be back in the states with your family, I love you girl!!

    ReplyDelete