Friday, August 20, 2010

You Never know What you Might be Able to be Apart of!

I guess last week was not my last time in Shutka for a while! Bethany and I were worried that we would be bored this week, because we would not be going to the soup kitchen. It turned out that the preschool workers needed help painting the new location of the preschool. We were so excited to help! We went and painted there on Monday and Tuesday. I was posted on painting them door frames red first. When I finished, I looked like I had slaughtered a pig. It was so much fun! I had to run home to get ready to meet someone later.
I came back on Tuesday. We sanded and painted the iron door first. I found out one of the worker likes Sci-Fi movies. She actually knew what Serenity was. The inner geek within me got really excited! The rest of the day Dijana and I worked on the entrance doors. The men worked really hard on doing the construction parts. The other ladies worked on cleaning the large windows and other things. Dijana and I had these different color plastics that peeled off. We cut them off into different shapes and placed them on the glass doors. I am sooooo not the creative person, but I tried really hard. It really ended up looking really good. It was a lot of fun too! Bethany and I had a good time helping, and getting to know the preschool workers more. They are a bunch of hard working people! I really hope the kids will enjoy their new location when they start their new year. The works put a lot of work into making it really nice for the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment