Friday, August 13, 2010

Going out with a Slide Instead of a Bang

My last day helping the kitchen in Shutka for a while was a good and funny one. I played with the kids for a while. We played hand games like Ms. Mary Mack. One girl I twirled around a lot. She kept on asking me to do it again, again. It was neat. One girl was sitting with her brother and she came over and sat next to me. I usually would help her pull her sandwich apart so she could eat it. She would be so funny because it was always too big for her to hold and eat. So I would try to help her, and then she would be say no. Then she would always not be able to pull it. So then she would want me to help her. It was always funny sitting by her. I will really miss seeing these kids every week. They really are great kids! I pray that God will move in all their lives and direct there steps. I pray that they would all have a personal relationship with Jesus.
I went out with a slide instead of a bang. Sable asked if I wanted to eat with them (he and his wife). I stayed and ate with them. While we were eating, Sable got out some yogurt. The yogurt exploded all over the floor when he opened it. He was like I will just clean it up later, after we finish eating. I finished eating, and I stood up. He went I guess to go get the mop. I completely forgot it had happened and slid on the floor like sliding on a banana peel. Then somehow I landed in a split! Sable’s wife came running to help. I started laughing! What can I say it was funny! Then Sable came back to mop it up. He started laughing as well! I really will miss see them every week! I really enjoyed the kids and the people working there! I am very excited that the Pre-school and the church are now all in one building! I love to see God’s children all working together toward the same goals! Unity is a cool thing! I pray that God will bring more works to help there!

1 comment:

  1. You, my dearest God's Girl, make a big bang everywhere you go. This chapter is ending and the next chapter begins in God's work. Can't wait to see what is coming for you.In I Corinthisans 4:5-6 (The Message//Remix: the Bible in contemporary language)"Remember, our Message is not about ourselves, we're proclaiming Jesus Christ, the Master. All we are is messengers, errand runners from Jesus to you. It started when God said "Light up the darkness!" and our lives filled up with light as we saw and understood God in the face of Christ, all bright and beautiful."

    ReplyDelete