Friday, September 30, 2011

A Finder of Peace

So as many of you know there is a lot going on here in Greece! That is an understatement. But here is what I feel like God is said to me, I was reading Song of Solomon today, and I read chapter 8:10. The verse says, “Then I became in his eyes as one who finds peace.” This really stuck out to me when I read it because it seems like what is shaking people right now is them not having peace. What people had peace in before has been shaken. I felt like God was really speaking to me about being one who finds peace! Like to live it, but to find it. It is really cool, because I mean we are taught you know the fruits of the spirit and they are love, joy, peace…. So I guess it all goes back to remaining in the Spirit in God’s presents. And we are the ones who are to be there and find it in even in a shaking world. I don’t think this is only for Greece! I think it also goes back to the Sermon on the Mount, Matt 5:9 “Blessed are the peace makers for they shall be called the sons of God.” When we are sons of God we show peace and “find” it. When we are in a situation that we are surrounded by people are struggling with it we are the ones who have it or are to find it. Even in my own life there is stuff going on, but I to be one who finds peace. It is a challenge, but one worth it. It affects us and the people around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment