Thursday, July 15, 2010

For the Lord your God is He who Fights for you

Today was a wild day in Shutka. I started out on the bus, and Tony came on the same bus about six stops later. So we got to Shutka, and he said he had to get off to buy some things. I walked to the kitchen, and everything seemed peaceful. I saw some girls that usually come, and they showed me there little brother who was six months old. He really was adorable. I walked to the church. Then I said hello to Sabel and the boys helping him, and we got to working. We put the sandwiches all together. Right when we finished, they let the children in at the gate. I walked outside and plaid hand games with them. They are teaching me three that they like. I taught them two from the states that I like. We were all having a good time, and we all went inside.
Everyone sat down at their tables, and started talking to one another. Meanwhile, Chris, Tony, and Sabel went around the room greeting the kids, and keeping the ones straight that needed it. I sat at a table with a group of kids I had never seen before. I asked them all their names and how old they were. While they were telling me how old they were Chris ran out the door. Sable followed quickly. Sable shut the door and held it. After a little while, he ran to help Chris. I was yelling “Sit down” in Macedonian. No one was listening. Tony then runs out the door after about five minutes. When he left, all the kids ran out the door. It was crazy. I then went to the window to see what was going on, and I could not tell. All I saw was Chris and Sable trying to separate people in a fight.
The fighting stopped and after a while Chris came back inside. They started singing and we prayed. I asked what had happened. He said that a kid’s dad came to beat him up for coming. I think that this really is an eye opening experience. I don’t know if I have ever seen persecution in my life up until this point in the form of physical violence. It is really amazing to see the guys step in like God would when someone is hurting his child. Like in Joshua 23:10 “One of your men put to flight a thousand, for the Lord your God is He who fights for you, just as He promised you.” They went in to protect the kid, and God does that for us if someone or something comes again us. Please pray for these kids and their families.

No comments:

Post a Comment